Winter festivities have always been my favorite. Growing up we always did as much holidays activities that we could fit in. We made a day of getting the Christmas Tree, listened to Andy Williams Holiday album, and put lights up all over the house. We often went to the local ice skating rink, sipped on hot chocolate. Spent the evening watching holiday movies and working on puzzles for a few days straight. Spending all our extra time with extended family, theres nothing like celebrating the holidays. Josh comes from a much smaller family than mine (I have over 40 member in my immediate family, oh my!) so I love sharing and experiencing all the activities that I did growing up with him.
I grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee where their were activities to do, but no where near the amount that San Diego has to offer. Every weekend in December is full of holiday fun and we are taking full advantage of it, especially considering this is our last holiday season in San Diego. If you live in the area, here’s a list of a bunch of free events, many of which Josh and I will be partaking in.
Some of favorite things to do during December are:
1. Visit December Nights in Balboa Park, they make the entire park festive, set up a small carnival, open up all the international houses for food and beverages, and all the museums are free for the the festival.
2. Hotel del Coronado has some of prettiest views and holiday set up. They set up an ice skating rink overlooking the beach for the month.
3. We often find ourselves at the San Diego Zoo at least once or twice a month, they go all out for the holidays with lights all of the park. It’s so magical winter wonderland.
4. Hope in our car and drive up to the Del Mar fair grounds where they have a 1.5 mile drive light display, it reminds me driving around as a kid and looking at all the lights (my sister and I would play car games when we were driving around at night with the house lights).
5. We take a even stroll over to Seaport Village to catch the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights, were boats with christmas lights all over them set sail around the Bay.
6. The symphony puts on a holiday concert for families of military, it’s how we got introduced to the local symphony. They always have amazing guests each year.
7. We often end are evenings with holiday movies and classic holiday cocktails. Last year we started making Glogg (a traditional Swedish drink).
One thought on “Date Night for the Holidays”
cuuuute! love the dress and those heels! ❤
Pls check out my outfit & share thoughts too? 🙂 would mean lots!
Comments are closed.